Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I know it has been a while since I last posted, but I have been away on vacation trying hard to stay away from computers and emails. I succeeded! But here I am back in the real world staring at boxes and boxes of yarn, needles, bags, books, patterns. It seemed like everything began to arrive when I left. I have to admit that I have a lot more fun opening a couple of boxes rather than ten. Why you may ask? It is because the excitement and thrill of seeing what is in every box gets diluted by the 4th or 5th one. It is sort of like eating too much chocolate if that is possible. After about the 4th or 5th piece the flavor just isn't there anymore, at least for me.

So, what was in those boxes? Every single color of Cascade 220 known to man I think. Colorful new sock yarn from Plymouth; Boho that looks like Noro from Plymouth; Dale of Norway, Schaeffer, and I think I should stop here and keep to my principle of less is more. But I did receive these beautiful Chinese inscribed wooden boxes containing sets of bamboo crochet hooks and needles from Chicagoo. They are new this year and would be a wonderful gift for yourself or someone special. Unfrotunately, the crochet hooks flew out the door the minute I opened the box but I still have some of the straight needles left. Why does a yarn store owner say "unfortunately?" It is because I like to savour new things that I receive. I like to look at it , touch it, stare at it, take it all in. Oh well...And last but not least, we received more yarn from Artyarns. The beaded yarns lasted for about a minute. People just gobbled them up. There are silks, mohairs in some funky colors, silk and mohair, and merino wool. Knitters are making everything from scarves to shawls to tops to socks with the yarns. I know you want to see pictures...they will be coming soon.

This is my mini update. I hope it is not too boring to read without pictures. I was just feeling guilty that I had not blogged for a while.
Until nest time...

1 comment:

Jude said...

Dr. Stacey, Tonight is the first I have read your blog. I enjoyed it. It did not bore me in the least. I bookmarked it and will add a link in my blog to your store website and your blog (which I just learned how to do this week).