Saturday, May 12, 2007


I thought I would do a little "show and tell" today.

This is my favorite knitting bag in the world. It comes from Be Sweet who hires women from South Africa to make their lovely products. There is a wonderful story behind their company so if you get a chance check out http://www.besweet.com/.





Check this out. Our own Linda P made this shawl from Sea Silk...a yarn from Hand Maiden. It is 70% silk and 30% sea cell which is a type of algae that comes form the ocean. Some say it has medicinal benefits. I think the benefits come from knitting with this yarn-so smooth and luscious. Linda taught a class on how to make this.







Here are my favorite scarf and shawl pins from Moving Mud. This company is a two person husband and wife team who make remarkably colorful fused glass ins, buttons and belt buckles.










This vest/scarf is called the tuxedo scarf and it comes from a book called Special Little Knits for One Skein Wonders. It is so simple to make and yet the effect is really cool. The best way to wear it is over a white shirt and you can use any kind of yarn but I think a boucle works best. I made mine from my favorite, Tanglewood. Or I should say my favorite at the moment, but I have seen it knit up with every kind of yarn imaginable.






I hope I have not bored you with my showing and telling. I just thought you might be interested in some of the things that give me pleasure so that maybe they will give you pleasure too.











I





No comments: