Thursday, April 12, 2007

Last night we had our "cotton" yarn tasting party and it was a blast. There was a slew of people and we all sat together and knit with new cotton yarns, chatted up a storm, ate, drank (I promise I will bring wine next time) and just had fun. If you have not been to a yarn tasting, try to come to the next one. The date is yet to be announced.
So what am I knitting up? I decided to try my hand at designing a sweater. One of our Tuesday groupies Camille knit the most gorgeous cotton sweater which she created herself. She had such fun doing it I thought why not. I have to say I love my creation so far. I finished the back and am beginning the front. I feel like I am painting a sweater. I am using Rowan handknit cotton in blue, green, mauve and it has a sherbert look to it. I really adore the colors that cottons come in...they have a dreamy sort of look to them.
I hope everyone is going to join us at the Susan Komen Race for the Cure on Mother's Day. We have our own Team Knit One and all you have to do is go to the Komen website and sign up to be on our team. We are going to be stationed next to Brueger Bagels with a huge banner. We will be knitting chemo hats and giving them to whoever would like one. We have already knit a bunch. I owe this fabulous project to dear Flo who has organized this event.
I am trying to think of a cute ending to each of my threads. I really hate the one where I said "until we meet again." If you have a better one or really any one, let me know.
See ya
Stacey

No comments: